Knowing what’s available at your destination or connecting airport can make a big difference in getting you to, through, and out of the place with less pain. It also helps you determine just where to hang out while you’re there. Here’s what’s happening around the country:
- Greensboro, N.C’s Piedmont Triad International Airport says it will start serving up free W-Fi connections come next month. In doing so, GSO joins a growing number of enlightened airports that understand free wireless interconnectivity is one of the things helping determine just what aerodrome flyers choose.
- SuperShuttle is coming to Orlando International Airport Feb. 1, bringing with it reasonable, recognizable ground transport for you and your family to the entertainment epicenter of the country.
- Delta Air Lines just moved from Terminal B to Terminal A at Mineta San Jose International. You’ll find Delta’s ticket counter in the north ticket lobby of A. Most of the time, DL flights will push back and arrive from Gate 6 or Gate 7.
- Traveling through close-in Houston Hobby Airport? Now you’ve got your choice of Dunkin Donuts, Baskin-Robbins or both (hot coffee and cold ice cream actually kind of work well together). They’ve set up shop next to one another on HOU’s Central Concourse.
- There’s a plan afoot at Minneapolis/St. Paul International to modernize or replace most of the megaport’s restrooms over the next few years. Earthshaking news this is not, but it’s the kind of infrastructure upgrade that really makes a difference.
MSP is a major connecting hub for Delta Air Lines.
What’s the most-needed upgrade at your local airport – more security lanes, better ground transport, free Wi-Fi? Tell us what’s on your mind.
Story by Jerry Chandler
(Image: kellyv)Jerry Chandler